Join now - be part of our community!

Matshita UJ-810 (in PCV-W1)

Nutz
Visitor

Matshita UJ-810 (in PCV-W1)

Most informed sources indicate that the DVD-R writer in the PCV-w1 is also capable of RVD-RAM Write and read - confirmed by Nero Info Tools. But it doesn't work properly - there is no option to format a DVD-RAM anywhere (e.g. rt clk > Format on the drive icon), but you can drag and drop - but this produces a 'delayed write' error.

What the hell is going on here?

John

30 REPLIES 30
stevep-4
Visitor

Perhaps some of us could do mini reviews of our own equipment (computers I mean!!) and rate the computer to the tasks we perform on it.

Portability
Battery life
Graphics
Sound

Programs used
Suitability considering the programs used.

etc etc etc

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah now that would be useful :slight_smile:

paddy_uk
Visitor

I used to write reviews on Ciao & Dooyoo, but got fed up after a few years .. but made a few pennies at the same time. A mate in Dublin now writes articles for a golf site & mafgazine after his reviews were spotted. Just shows you what can happen though!

kee-lo_

I used to write reviews on Ciao & Dooyoo, but got fed up after a few years .. but made a few pennies at the same time.  A mate in Dublin now writes articles for a golf site & mafgazine after his reviews were spotted.  Just shows you what can happen though!

I used to write at computers365.co.uk until it closed.

paddy_uk
Visitor

A lot of the ones at Ciao started to see themselevs as elitist which is part of the rason I left as the fun was going out of writing. OK, a fair few times I got top rewards at the end of the month & a good read rate, but the elitism bit was just a bit too much for me.

Saying that though, I do think that user reviews from those of us with Sony products would be a good idea, It's just a case of how it would be set up & for people to se the reviews should they wish.

Another good thing for the forum would be a chat room where we can have a bit of banter between ourselves.

kee-lo_

Chat room ? Excellent idea.
As for reviews, I do write a few for amazon.co.uk, and I'm 73rd in the list.

paddy_uk
Visitor

Did no-one suggest the inclusion of a chat room during the interviews? A chat room would be good for many reason ... other than just having a bit of banter amongst ourselves. Would have a chance of speeding up solving people's problems for a start or giving out advice .... & so on.

kee-lo_

Yeah like irc.club-vaio.com :smileygrin:
would be nice

(looks at CU for an opinion).

paddy_uk
Visitor

They could send us each a case of booze for the offical opening though! ... ..Or one of those wall screen TVs ............or,or,or! :wink:

kee-lo_

Hehe I don't think Sony would want to go that crazy....