Join now - be part of our community!

Media Server HS1E - Locks during PC Link upload

Lee127
Visitor

Media Server HS1E - Locks during PC Link upload

Hi,

I've just bought a Sony Media server HS1E and have had terrible problems doing an initial upload of my music, pictures and video folders from my Vaio laptop onto the media server using the supplied utility PC Link. The size of the music folder is around 9GB. After a period of time the Home Server will hang during upload and i have to power it on and off to get it to run again. I've tried resetting to factory defaults twice but to no avail.

Anyone any ideas? Is this a hardware fault on thr media server that is time dependant? It usually hangs after at least an hour or two of upload.

Regards,

Lee

6 REPLIES 6
vaiolaia
Visitor

I was wondering if you had found the solution for this issue. I have just bought a VGF-HS1 home server myself and I am experiencing similar issues when backing up with PC Link. After few minutes it hangs on one of the files and I have to restart the device.
Thanks!

profile.country.en_GB.title
wombat_markt
Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem... locking and red info light. There doesn't appear to be any info regarding this. It is an utter pain as I have had to restore twice and it is still happening. The PC Link software keeps crashing on my new Sony computer and refuses to run so that has to be continually re-installed which means new folders on the Home Server, my back up is now a library of similar/same files. The most annoying piece of kit I have ever bought.

Come on Sony, what is going on? You have no information on your site about this expensive POS!

Message was edited by: -Cass-

rowoodc
Visitor

I'm complaining about the same fault. Everytime I upload from a Windows PC the server hangs and the red error lamp lights.  A restart is the only solution. It's sending me round the twist! I've reset the server, upgraded the firmware, but to no avail. Maybe unconnected, my VGF-HS1 is quite noisy at times and I think it's the hard drives that are doing this. I'd love to sort this problem out but the lack of on-line support from Sony is defeating me at the moment. Sony -  please please help us poor souls!!!

Regards

Roger

Rockstuff
Visitor

Hello Roger,

I was having the same issue as yourself with my VGF-HS1E NAS however after a reset I am getting the following error message "The Home Server hard drive is corrupted or a system error has been detected".

Please can you share the link for the updated firmware my version is 1.00.01.08080820.

Many thanks

Miguel

scottroberts
Visitor

Hi Roger - I'm a new member of this forum asking latest person on the forum if they know where I can get the CD-ROM that came with the unit.  I have bought it on eBay but it came with no CD-ROM.  Regards,  Chris Kelly

wombat_markt
Visitor

Scott, the name of the software is PCLink if that is any help. I don't know where to find it. Sony seem to have made this kit and then forgotten about it... My back up function no longer works and I am just bored of reloading the PC Link software which crashes continually, it is either corrupt or can't stand up to McAfee, I then have to create new back up folders each time... cloud computing probably a better answer.