Join now - be part of our community!

Monitor lights goes DIM sometime

gsweetieuk
Visitor

Monitor lights goes DIM sometime

Please could anyone tell me or give me advice regard my problem:- Recently when I open my PCG-GRT815M the monitor screen's light goes dim, well sometime but not always. So I have to turn the main power off then on again and its back to normal. I done the BIOs system check and the its ok and didn't goes dim( I ask sony e-support and they ask me to switch on the power and keep pressing F2 to go to the BIOs then press F9 and if the monitor goes dim then I need to have a new monitor which cost £549:smileysad: :cry: :thinking: but I done the check and NOT GO DIM at all) so at this stage I guess is the connection of the wiring problem but not too sure:smileyconfused:. Could anyone help and I had the laptop for 2 1/2 years. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That could be a faulty inverter.
http://www.nexttronics.com/ probably has the part you'll need

gsweetieuk
Visitor

Thanks kee-lo but I am very thick on my pc, please could you tell me what is the inverter? is it the hitch(I hope I spell it right) for the cable? Do you have any other supplier from UK? Thanks

kee-lo_

An inverter is a long device at the bottom of the LCD screen, which projects the image onto the screen. So if it's faulty, the image usually gets dimmer.

Sadly I don't know of any reliable stores in the UK

gsweetieuk
Visitor

ic keelo and I will bring to my friend and let them check it out also with the temperature as well as you know I post on the other thread regard my laptop is running too hot...tried air duster and still hot...:smileysad:

kee-lo_

Well best of luck with that.