Join now - be part of our community!

motherboard flexibility

besimgerguri
Visitor

motherboard flexibility

I have recently bought a Vaio Pentium 4 2.6 GHZ HT PC (PCV-RS322 series), and I would like to know that if in the near future I would like to upgrade my processor to Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz could that be possible?
Thank you for your help!

12 REPLIES 12
Danuk
Visitor

Could someone tell me what motherboard comes inside my rs222, i recently bought it and was just curious what it has inside, i'm not going to upgrade the AMD 2800XP just interested to see what the motherboard can do.

Just thought i would post it on the end of this thread save opening a new thread.

Dan. :smileygrin:

chuckalicious
Visitor

It will most likely be an ASUS board, however it will be made specially for Sony and so will not be supported on the ASUS site. That's certainly the case with the RX models so I would assume it's the same for all desktops
Only way to really know is to take the side panel off and look inside, the motherboard will probably have something printed, such as ASUS NV403REV 1.10 or something to that effect.
If you can get that, you can look on whatever manufacturers website it is and see if they support it. If they do, you are lucky!

Danuk
Visitor

Thanks will take a look and let you know in cae your interested in the result lolol

Dan :smileygrin: