Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye does not work properly!!

AliImpey
Visitor

Motion Eye does not work properly!!

Someone please help, this is driving me crazy :thinking: :thinking: I recently reinstalled Vista on my VGN-FZ11Z in English after buying it in Spain and i cannot get the Motion Eye to work properly with Skype or Vaio Camera Capture Utility. All drivers etc are installed and working but the camera will not always work!
Keeps coming up with a message like 'another program is using it' or something. Oh and the real puzzler, the best bit is..... if I disable the UAC (User Account Control) the Motion Eye works PERFECTLY with everything until you close it and then continues to give me the same message when i try and open it again!!!???

If anyones got any ideas let me know...

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ali Impey,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately at the moment turning of UAC seems to be the only solution to the Motion eye problem..

Beware thought that turning of UAC carries a security risk..

You may find this of interest Should you disable UAC (User Account Control) in Windows Vista?

AliImpey
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus, for your quick response. Another thought though...does anyone know if Microsoft or Sony know about this problem, because from what i have read i am not the only one with the problem!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ali Impey,

Yes, it has been an issue since day one of Vista and both Sony and Microsoft are aware of it. Let's hope they can sort it with SP1.

Have you tried installing Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 and VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.00.22110 - both are available here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FZ&m=2667

As you say, this does not work for everyone. Disabling UAC or creating a new Administrator User usually works as a workaround.

:slight_frown:

AliImpey
Visitor

Hi Blencogo, thanks for your post. I took your advice and downloaded the hotfix and the Camera Utility update, the good news is the Camera Utility seems to work most of the time however the bad news is still no luck with Skype, it refuses to acknowledge the camera.
Anyway thanks for your help, i guess we'll just have to wait for either Sony or Microsoft... sooner the better though in my opinion!!! :cry: