Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye software gone

SOLVED
cja1987
New

Motion Eye software gone

Recently computer stopped working so had to restart and restored my Viao VGN-FW21M. Now it has been restored I no longer have my motion eye programme to use. I tried searching for the sony download but have been unable to find the correct programme for a windows Vista operating system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi cja1987 and welcome to the Sony Users Community forums.

If you carried out a full Recovery using Sony's hidden recovery partition, The camera software should be reinstalled.  Look in 'All Programs' for "Arcsoft Webcam Companion 2".

If you did not use the recovery software supplied by Sony and installed a retail version of Vista, then most third party software cannot be downloaded and will be lost.  This is a licensing restrictions imposed by the software supplier.  I don't think the Sony USA Support website has the same restrictions, so I would have a look there for the model nearest to yours and you may be lucky.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi cja1987 and welcome to the Sony Users Community forums.

If you carried out a full Recovery using Sony's hidden recovery partition, The camera software should be reinstalled.  Look in 'All Programs' for "Arcsoft Webcam Companion 2".

If you did not use the recovery software supplied by Sony and installed a retail version of Vista, then most third party software cannot be downloaded and will be lost.  This is a licensing restrictions imposed by the software supplier.  I don't think the Sony USA Support website has the same restrictions, so I would have a look there for the model nearest to yours and you may be lucky.

:wink:

cja1987
New

Thanks, thats rather annoying. I had the local computer store put some sony webcam software on instead, its not as good as the orginal motion eye programme but I didnt do the sony back up thing before my laptop broke. Dont think I'll be sticking with sony after the trouble getting stuff like this. 

thanks for your reply tho.