Join now - be part of our community!

motion-eye

lomas1234
Visitor

motion-eye

hi can anyone help me plz ive just got a vgn-cr42s i did downgrade 2 windows xp but could get any drivers to work now im back on vista got all my driver working apart from the camara is there anyway i can get it working.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi lomas1234.

Have you reinstalled the original Version of Vista or a retail version?

The camera driver is here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&m=3268

but I can't see the camera utilities and you will probably have to get them from your Recovery Discs.

:slight_frown:

chris-kay
Visitor

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

why do people nevr read before they post...

Probably because they do not want to break the law and would like to keep their Vaio Warranty valid.

:smileythinking:

chris-kay
Visitor

yeah... tell me more about it. which law prohibits to download drivers??? even more if vaio-link is not capable or willing to provide what you have paid for??

in my very case neither the driver downlaod page nor the e-support could give me a satisfying answer. the drivers are wrong or missing and e-support didnt even read my question properly. so the american support was the only way to get my vaio working as it was when i bought it. and fyi: warranty can only be void if you damage your machine. nobody or nothing may prevent you from upgrading or installing anything you want. that is what these machines are made for. only if you screw it will they decline responsibility.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is not illegal to download drivers but it is illegal to download any Windows version from a torrent which does not need a product key for activation.

The Product Key on the bottom of the Vaio will not allow activation.

chris-kay
Visitor

It is not illegal to download drivers but it is illegal to download any Windows version from a torrent which does not need a product key for activation.

The Product Key on the bottom of the Vaio will not allow activation.

As I said... why do people never read...

I did not mention anything about downloading any activation-free Windows. I just recommended downloading an image of an official installation DVD. That still needs a legal product key AND activation. And the product key from the VAIO license (on the bottom) DOES work without any problem (tried it successfully). And moreover, sometimes people have a legal Windows copy already which they might wish to install instead. In either case you will be in desperate need for your drivers and utilities which you will find in the US more easily and certainly more up to date than on the European site.

That is all I suggested. Nothing illegal about that, right?