Join now - be part of our community!

Multiple Monitors and Rundll error

profile.country.en_GB.title
mike9586
Visitor

Multiple Monitors and Rundll error

I have just updated my nVidia GeForce 8400 GT graphics card in my laptop (using the help in this thread: Bioshock on Nvidia 8400 GT

Since updating to the new drivers, I'm having a bit of trouble with Multiple Monitors.

I plugged my laptop into my TV using S-Video and selected "LCD+TV" using the Fn+F7 shortcut but shortly after I've done this, Windows appears with a message saying Rundll has stopped working.

Although it doesn't stop the multiple monitors working (everything works as usual), every time I select the multiple monitors using the Fn+F7 shortcut, It seems to display this message.

Can anyone help?

Everything was fine before I updated the nVidia drivers.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
mike9586
Visitor

I decided to uninstall the new graphics drivers using Windows System Restore, Windows had made a point before the installation so I told it to restore to that point. Everything seemed to go fine. It logged off, said it was initializing System Restore then it shutdown. Once it had restarted and I'd logged in, it came up with an error saying the System Restore hadn't completed properly so no restore had been performed. I tried it again with an earlier date of Saturday but it did the exact same thing and came up with the same error message.

Has anyone any ideas?

I did manage to go back to the previous graphics drivers though using "Driver Roll Back" in Device Manager and I now don't get any Rundll problems when using multiple monitors. I take it the problem was because the new graphics driver is a Beta and not a stable release yet.