Join now - be part of our community!

Music station error x912

profile.country.en_IE.title
danegee
Visitor

Music station error x912

After installing the update that fixed the lasr error, I could not access music station due to a new error: x912.

I have followed the instructions and uninstalled the program; however, on trying to reinstall I find I cannot access the Vaio recovery center.

I go to Start>windows help and support and then access Vaio support. Click on recovery and scroll down to install programs and drivers; however, when clicking on insatll programs and drivers nothing happens.In fact, nothing happens when I click on any of the other options, i.e., recovery center, etc.

Please can anyone give me any help in how to reinstall the music station.

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
goldman7154
Visitor

From my experience on two different vaio and other reports in forums it seems clear that the musicstation update and/or expiry of the trail period results in the msg MusicStation has encountered a problem while trying to register your account. Please contact customer support (ref. X912). I am seeking assistance from the writers of the software. However, your problem with recovery center is something else.

goldman7154
Visitor

Ok Here is how to reinstall

• Re-install MusicStation using the Vaio Recovery Center.

For details on using Vaio Recovery center go here

http://www.sony-asia.com/subtype/usefulinfo/asset/303642/productcategory/it+personal+computer

• After the reinstall, launch the application. At this time, don’t allow the upgrade when you are being asked to do so.
  • Press CTRL SHIFT H (all three keys at the same time). A pop-up window will appear containing some data. Please copy/paste that information into an email and send it to me pleae put vaio in header please otherwise everything gets trashed.
  • Close the application and launch it again.
  • You will again be prompted to upgrade MusicStation. This time, accept the upgrade and after the upgrade is finalized, please confirm that you are still seeing the x912 error.

Message was edited by: -frank-

goldman7154
Visitor

Omnifone now indicate that this error and the error that MusicStation cannot connect to the server, could be a server side issue. They are investigating. I will update here when I receive further particulars

profile.country.en_IE.title
danegee
Visitor

Thanks,

However, what I am trying to say is that I cannot access Vaio recovery Centre to install programs and drivers.

As I say

then when I try and click on any of the options, i.e.,

vaio recovery center

create recovery discs

restore c:drive

restore complete sysytem

hardware diagnostics

install programs or drivers

etc

Nothing happens. I cannot get any further as clicking on any of these options is fruitless; there is no response and I cannot go any further.

So, to reiterate: After accessing "vaio support" and clicking on "recovery" I cannot go any further as clicking on any of the options listed above does not direct me anywhere else.

Pleas can you tell me how I can get into recovery center and reinstall. It's not the reinstall process I really need help with, it's actually accessing the correct option of the above list to do so.