Join now - be part of our community!

My computer as been damaged in transit,

profile.country.en_GB.title
sherice
Visitor

My computer as been damaged in transit,

Good Morning

Could anyone advise me as to damage caused to my computer.

My keyboard would not operate request repair, Told they required mY sony touch screen computer to rectify problem, Comet packed and boxed my computer arranged return.

Recieved it back Damaged , disc drive draw/ Gorged into metal frame of my computer, It is now 30 days since its been away no nearer to it being resolved. I'm visually impaired and laptops are not suitable for my visual problem.

I extended warranty on my computer 3yrs.

I do not know who is responsible for damage, my concerns are what other damage may have been caused?

Im lost without my best pal-any advise would be appreciated as to what I am in my rights to request..

Regards

S Rice

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry to hear about the damage to your Vaio.

Did you speak to Vaio Support about the repair or did Comet handle everything?

If Comet handled everything, then you should report the damage to them.

If you spoke to Vaio Support were you given a case number?

Do you have documentation about the extended warranty?  Is this a Sony warranty or one arranged by Comet with their insurance company?

If you would care to send me the full model type, approximate date of purchase and Serial Number of your Vaio by PM, I will see what I can find out.

Did you take pictures of the damage?

:slight_frown:

sherice
Visitor

I purchased my Sony VPCL11M1E/S. CEK -All in one TouchScreen Deskt From Comet 16th January 2010. I took out 3 year extra care plan at the same time of purchase with Comet. I took photos of damage on return to myself...

Origanally it was my Keyboard wich wasnt working ,what a farse getting intouch with comet for repair, then they required computer as they couldnt deal with keyboard without it..

Comet wrapped & boxed 28 June returned to them 5 July..

18 July My computer was returned to me via DPD  ' Damaged ' Couldnt comprehend this charade, made several calls reporting state it had come back in, told Id been messed about long enough and to take to Comet for them to arrange for return & would make sure it was sent to repairs,

22nd July I received Text my computer was being returned to me that day, It wasnt so went to Comet who were dumb founded as they we still have the computer waiting for DPD to collect, Thay have had it instore now for8 days, DPD didnt collect from store when theyd promised to, It Should go today from Comet..??

My computer is my outside world due to mobility problems and visual problems, Ive been unable to deal online with banking ect as laptops are not big enough screens for me to enlarge. Ive been without it 30days.

At the end of the day They have damaged my computer to what state I do not know , But its certainly had a jolly good bang,  I just want some advice as to Should I accept it, or request replacement...

Gratefully Yours

Mrs Sheila Rice 

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The responsibility is with Comet to repair or replace your Vaio to your satisfaction.

I would wait and see what they intend to do before deciding your next course of action.  If the damage is as bad as you say, it may be cheaper for them to  replace the Vaio than repair it if it requires a replacement casing.

Keep in contact with the Comet store Manager - he may be the one to make the final decision.

:thinking:

sherice
Visitor

tHANKYOU FOR HELP AND ADVICE REGARDING MY' SONY TOUCH CREEN COMPUTER' DAMAGED IN TRANSIT BY COMET.

29TH JULY RECEIVED PHONE CALL HEAD OFFICE , WHOM IVE SENT 3 LETTERS TO , STATING THEY WILL BE REPLACING '[ hopefully same model'] NEXT FEW DAYS, YET LATER IN THE DAY TOLD TO GO TO COMET AND CHOOSE ANOTHER COMPUTER TO THE PRICE OF;£899.99.  EVEN THOUGH I NEW THEY DID NOT HAVE MY MODEL AT COMET, WENT TO COMET WAS TOLD I SHOULDNT HAVE TO COME TO STORE ITS ALL BEING TAKEN CARE OF.. BACK ON PHONE HEAD OFFICE, NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I BEEN MESSED ABOUT LIKE THIS.

WELL IT IS NOW 2 AUGUST STILL WAITING FOR RESPONSE AS TO HOW MUCH LONGER ITS GOING TO TAKE. IVE BEEN WITHOUT MY BEST FRIEND NOW FOR 35DAYS. TO SAY THEY ACT PROMPTLY ' I BEG TO DIFFER'..

I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED...

SHEILA