Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-SR29VN/S Audio Driver problem

profile.country.en_.title
jackharte
Visitor

VGN-SR29VN/S Audio Driver problem

Afternoon all.

I've had recurring problems with the audio for my laptop ever since purchasing it a little over two years ago.

It can work without problem for weeks on end and then mysteriously lose it's capability to output audio without warning.

On occasion, the red 'X' simply appears on the volume icon at the taskbar, informing me that no audio driver is installed...other times I can access the 'playback' options section and see that various output devices are installed (speakers, HDMI output device, Bluetooth hands-free) and, if I have itunes running I can see the 'green bars' filling in time with the inaudible song that has been selected as a test.

My understanding is that RealTek provide the default audio driver for this VAIO model and that there is a download available on the support pages - I download, run, install, restart each time the problem rears it's head.  Sometimes it works, other times not.  Occasionally it just seems to remember itself and fix without having to re-install this file.

I've been through usual system restores on countless times, and other potential resolutions - but it's been out for a couple of days now (despite coming on for about two songs worth of time last night) and it's a real pain sitting in the library with nothing coming through the headphones!

Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks folks.

0 REPLIES 0