Join now - be part of our community!

My desktop icons keep resizing when lid closed

profile.country.en_GB.title
sweetluiza
Visitor

My desktop icons keep resizing when lid closed

hi

i have brought a brand new sony vaio, i have no problems with it apart from when i close the lid i open it and my desktop icons are massive, i have tried alot of things like uncheck the align to grid... nothing seems to work. i have do nothing when lid is closed so should not hibernate or go to sleep. as anyone got same problem or a fix for this im running windows 7.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is it the Icon Size that changes or is it the screen resolution that changes.  Is everything big or just your desktop icons?

It sounds like the Graphics driver is failing to load properly and you are seeing VGA mode only.

What model do you have and have you updated the graphics driver?

:thinking:

sweetluiza
Visitor

i came back and my icons was tiny this time so obviously its not just going big, no its just the desktop icons that are big, they seem to resize to any size... i never had this before on any of my computers, and i think everything is up to date its brand new laptop only week old. sony vaio vpceb4l1e, i dunno if its touching the buttons when i close lid as it aint going to sleep or hibernate.

i have attached a updated graphics  txt off the website. to my graphics

Message was edited by: sweetluiza

ramagbu
Visitor

i have exactly the same problem, we wish to know how to fix this :neutral:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As no other user here seems to have any ideas, I think you should contact Vaio Support to see if Sony have a solution.

:thinking: