Join now - be part of our community!

My laptop had not been updated!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kamkasha
Visitor

My laptop had not been updated!

I bought my Vio Laptop (VGN FW31ZJ) three years ago. Initially I trusted the automatic update mode for updating my laptop.

Recently I noticed my laptop had become very sluggish so I tried to update my laptop. Unfortunately whenever I click the update button, nothing happens. So I decided to do it manually which for some reason didn't work. To my surprise, I  discovered that my laptop has not been updated since 2010 !

Can you please write the correct link for updating my laptop. 

Also when I first had my computer, I had a program called "Contact".  This no longer seems to be installed.  Can you tell me if updating Vio will  bring back this software program?  If not do you know how I can re-install the program?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi kamkasha.

Are you talking about Microsoft  Windows Update or Vaio Update?

If you go to Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Update History, what is the date of the last update?

If you go to Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change Settings, is it set to update automatically?

If you look at the Support website for your model you will see that there are very few Vaio updates for Vista since 2010.  There are only 2 updates since 2010 both in March 2012 - one for Vaio Media Plus and one for WinDVD BD are these the two you have tried to install manually?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FW31ZJ/updates

What version of Vaio Update is installed?  Have you got Version 5.1.1.04090?

:thinking: