Join now - be part of our community!

My netbook crashed.Please help

profile.country.en_GB.title
diabose
Visitor

My netbook crashed.Please help

Hi friends. I bought a Sony Vaio ( VPCM126AG/P)  in June 2010. I have been having problems since the beginning. It used to freeze and suddenly shut down but last week it crashed while i was replying to an email on Yahoo. I am gutted and have no clues what to do. I had bought it from India and now i am in Uk. Could anyone help please. Thanks.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What happens when you try to start the Vaio?  Do you see the Vaio Logo Splash Screen?

Is your software up to date - from Microsoft Update and from Vaio Update?

:thinking:

diabose
Visitor

Thanks for replying Blencogo. I believe it is up to date. whenever i get updates from Microsoft and Vaio, i let it complete. And when i start the screen,i do see the VAIO logo and then it comes to a black page where it says Start windows normally ..or ...launch start-up repair.  and then whatever i click,it says "windows encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computerand"and then it asks to contact hardware manufacturer ...I am disteressed...really... :slight_frown:

Message was edited by: diabose

Message was edited by: diabose

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I assume you have nothing connected by VGA or USB?

Can you open the Vaio in Safe Mode?

Turn it on and when you see the Vaio Logo, press F8 repeatedly.  This should open the advanced boot options screen and you can select Safe Mode with the up/down arrow keys and press enter.

This will hopefully tell us if it is a software driver problem or if you have a hardware problem needing a repair.

Are you still within Warranty? 

Do you have a lot of important data on the Vaio?  If not, you can try resetting the Vaio to factory settings by pressing F10 repeatedly during boot when you see the Vaio Logo.

:thinking:

diabose
Visitor

I use a Dongle for internet. So that was the only external device which was connected when it crashed. I pressed the F8 now, as you instructed, but returned to the same page "windows failed to start- Launch start up repair....."  The advanced Boot option didn't open.  i can survive without my stored data  so i thought i would reset it by pressing F10 as you wrote. But when i do that, it takes me to a small blue page where it says, " a problem has been detected and windows shut down to prevent damage. check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows update needed.If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. then it stated to click the F8  and do exactly what u asked me to do. Blencogo, i really apprecaite the way u r trying to help. Thanks so much. U know, my situation is such that i really can't afford a technician at this moment and i am so happy that i came to this forum. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

diabose
Visitor

I just thought i would upload the picture as to what the page looks like. In case if it helps you to understand it a little better than what i tried to explain.  :slight_smile: