Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony VAIO SA came to my door sealed up with 3 faults and fingerprints on the screen and Sony will not listen to me.

profile.country.en_GB.title
cyhiemstra
Visitor

My Sony VAIO SA came to my door sealed up with 3 faults and fingerprints on the screen and Sony will not listen to me.

I am waiting for customer support after a very slow and bad start, but I have decided I need to get this out there so anyone that has power to help me can.

My £850 Vaio SA VPC-SA4C5E arrived yesterday after 3 weeks of waiting, perfectly sealed as you would expect, with no box damage, with inside it a case-damaged laptop (see pic below), finger smudges on the screen upon opening, dodgy rattling keyboard and most importantly and by far worst of all, extremely loud buzzing and ticking fan, which when going into full speed mode, makes the entire table shake like mad.  (I know they can be loud and I know what these computers are supposed to sound like because we have about 20 of them in our office and I use them all the time)

At the moment I have been on the phone with Sales, then technical, then sales again, with my Case ID number and the last I heard was (in addition to ignoring everything I said about the fans except the case) "send us the photos of the case damage and we'll see what we can do". Technical actually started talking about replacing case and costs for the purchaser (me). 

I have no words, I am in complete shock.  This machine obviously slipped between the cracks of QA and should never have been put in a box, and to make matters worse, customer service will absolutely not listen.  They should simply turn around and say sorry sir for almost a grand send it back we will check it and confirm and you get a new one sent right back, on priority.

To anyone who wishes or can help my case here is my Order number 0302309560.

I do have Case ID for this and in the meantime ill continue waiting for customer service, or whomever. I hope the news will be good, its bad enough I will probably have to wait another 3 weeks for a replacement (and that is in the best case scenario).

Thanks for reading.

IMAG0618.jpg

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cyhiemstra,

If you don’t receive a call back tomorrow with a definite and acceptable solution then please let us have the case number and we will see what can be done.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat