Join now - be part of our community!

My Vaio doesn't go to sleep/hibernate when closing the lid

profile.country.de_DE.title
sam_sal
Visitor

My Vaio doesn't go to sleep/hibernate when closing the lid

I have a Vaio S serie, simply I cannot make it go to sleep or hibernate using the ''Closing the Lid'' Function.

I can manually, from start menu, put it to sleep or hibernate or shutdown it. So it goes normally to sleep and it hibernates!

I changed the options in the Power Managment in Control Panel, I tried to put it to sleep/hibernate/shutdown when closing the lid, but it didn't!

When I close the lid, it makes nothing!

:smileysad::smileycry:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sam_sal,

Have you checked the setting for this in Vaio Control Center > Power Management > Settings for Behavior When Closing the LCD Screen Lid? Assuming of course your model has this option in Vaio Control Center...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
KatherineYH
Visitor

I have the same problem, my Z won't go to sleep when I closed the lid (I've changed the configuration in the control panel.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

profile.country.de_DE.title
sam_sal
Visitor

Thank you Rich for replying.

Of course I have checked every option before I posted this thread here.

I tried to change the option (when closing the lid) to hibernate or shut down, still nothing!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sam_sal,

This is a strange one as the settings are correct and you are able to achieve sleep from the Start menu. It is almost as if it is acting as a desktop.

Are actions  showing in power plan for both on battery and plugged in?

If this has started happening very recently then a system restore to date when it was working is worth a try. If it cures the problem then it may point to a recent update as the cause.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat