Join now - be part of our community!

need a system in my laptop

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tingating
Visitor

need a system in my laptop

I bought Z series laptop on September this year. However the system has crashed down and I am using Windows 7 without a licence.I would like to put a proper system into my computer, what can I do? I cannot find any technical center to do it for me, what should I do?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tingating,

There is a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive and assuming that this has not been damaged you can recovery your system to factory settings by either using this or the recovery disks that you will have been prompted to create.

To access the recovery utility on the hard drive either press the Vaio Assist button (if your model has this) when the notebook is completely shut down, or try tapping F10 at boot (this is not an option with newer models). If you created recovery disks then boot with disk one in the optical drive.

If all else fails then you can purchase a set of recovery disks from Sony Support – hover your pointer over the Support tab at the top of this page and then select ‘Contact Us’ for methods of contact. Phone contact will probably be necessary.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tingating,

There is a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive and assuming that this has not been damaged you can recovery your system to factory settings by either using this or the recovery disks that you will have been prompted to create.

To access the recovery utility on the hard drive either press the Vaio Assist button (if your model has this) when the notebook is completely shut down, or try tapping F10 at boot (this is not an option with newer models). If you created recovery disks then boot with disk one in the optical drive.

If all else fails then you can purchase a set of recovery disks from Sony Support – hover your pointer over the Support tab at the top of this page and then select ‘Contact Us’ for methods of contact. Phone contact will probably be necessary.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat