Join now - be part of our community!

Need to reinstall windows 7 but don't have disc

JaneBlonde

Need to reinstall windows 7 but don't have disc

I need to reinstall widows 7 64bit for VPCSA3M9E. I have everything except the disc but cannot find a place to download it.

What are my options?

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JaneBlonde and welcome to the forum,

The recovery media is not available for free download, you need to purchase it - cost €35.00

http://eu.eetgroup.com/Guide/m/Sony-VAIO-VPC-models-VPCSA3M9E-XI?sortBy=Stock&asc=True&filter=recove...

Assuming that you have the original hard disk installed and the recovery partition is intact, have you tried pressing F10 at boot (when you see the Vaio logo to enter the HDD Recovery Utility?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JaneBlonde

Thanks Rich.

A 32bit windows 7 has been installed over the original sony windows 64 bit sony. I don't see a partition disc at all. I do see an old.windows folder.

Would that be ok? Really I need to go back to factory defaults.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JaneBlonde,

It doesn't matter which operating system has been installed, the Recovery Media will recover to factory defaults. Note that all personal data and third party software will be lost, so make a backup if needed. I assume that the hard drive has not been changed as there are possible complications if it has.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JaneBlonde

I've tried to buy Sony Recovery Pack 7PE64 UK EUAE590AG but my country Ireland is not listed there, is it a download or a disc? D

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JaneBlond,

As far as I know it is a physical disk. I notice that a lot of European countries are missing, including the UK.

I suggest that you use the 'County' entry for 'Ireland' as Country doesn't seem to be a required field or contact them for guidance.

https://eu.eetgroup.com/info/contact

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JaneBlonde

Ordered, I'll let you know how I get on.

d

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good luck. Yes please let us know how you get on as I sure the question of missing countries will crop up again

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JaneBlonde

I didn't get on well, since last posting I ordered and received the recovery pack, but it does nothing to install Windows again, all it really did was display errors from techie stuff to messages like this is not compatible etc. eventually the only option that worked was delete data.

So I guess I now have a shell of a vaio and still need a windows 7 disc to get it back working.

There are 12 discs with the recovery package, only the first seems to do anything and there's no instructions.

Have I missed something?

JaneBlonde

Anyone there?