Join now - be part of our community!

New FZ21z - Need some Help Please

wigwam12
Visitor

New FZ21z - Need some Help Please

Few questions; most probably straight-forward but please bear with me:

1) Could someone list which VAIO software installs can be safely removed with no impact on laptop performance/functionality. I want to keep all function apps but remove any other bloat. There is so much I am not sure where to start!

2) Security: how can I make Norton 360 stop nagging me about not using the backup app?

3) I find that I have to hunt around for the magic eye app in the programs list before I can use the webcam. Other than dragging a shortcut from here to the desktop is there any quick way to turn the webcam on?

4) Connecting the FZ21Z to plasma tv via HDMI: just got my copy of Spidey3 BluRay and want to watch it in all its HiDef glory on my TV. What do I need to do? Connect the HDMI cable; then do I have to load windvd on the laptop to play the movie?
How do I toggle the output to tv only?

5) Is there anyway the "media centre" functions can be accessed without a formal full boot into Vista?

I am sure more will follow!

2 REPLIES 2
wigwam12
Visitor

sorry just thought of a couple more questions:

6) I found that when I turn off wlan from the switch at the front then turn it on later it doesn't seem to search for/find the wireless network I have defaulted to [or any other for that matter] and so far I have been having to reboot to get back online...what am I doing wrong?

7) I have uninstalled the MS Office Trial and Microsoft works but the welcome screen still shows the "MS Office Trial" under the "Sony Offers" part of the startup screen along with the other 7 offers. How doI get rid of that and all references to the other offers?

vaiomedic
Visitor

2) remove norton software

4) connect hdmi cable, choose monitor only through Fn-F7. Then you should have a picture. To size the screen use nvidia panel (rightclik on desktop), try several resolutions until screen fits or use nvidia tool. Now you will probably have no sound. Rightclick on speaker icon and enable HDMI, and disable analog audio.Then sound will work, but on my system analog is completely removed in stead of temporarily disabled, so I have to reinstall the audiosoftware each time and reboot when I want sound from the vaiospeakers back. Vista has no hardwareprofiles, like XP!!!

5) no, thank you Sony.

Good luck, :laughing: