Join now - be part of our community!

new laptop FS415E

THEGAME
Visitor

new laptop FS415E

Hello everyone,

well i am now a very proud owner of a FS415E. when i opened it from the packet this <profanity removed by moderator> looked real big, with its 15.4" screen. man it sure didnt quite look this big in the showrooms, but then it is extremely light, so i have no problems with it.

guys, i have but one question, can i keep this thing constantly turned on for long hours and basically use it just as i would use a pc. i mean i have quite a lot of work to do with the uni assignments and all, but can a laptop take that much pressure.

this is my first time using one and none of my mate have ever used one also. the shop wendor said that it should be okay. so any comments on this one will be very helpful.

bye,

GERIN.

12 REPLIES 12
THEGAME
Visitor

wow guys, this is a really active society here. hail vaio club!!!!! my college group was never this good.

once again thanks for all the advice. about running the laptop at 'adaptive mode'. i am not sure i get that. is it running in the maximum or ultimate battey mode. i already am in that mode. i guess the default power management mode is optimised, but a little experimentation told me that the max battery option makes this thing quite quiter. so is this the mode that i was advised by you all.

hope to hear from you all.

bye,

GERIN.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

wow guys, this is a really active society here. hail vaio club!!!!!  my college group was never this good.

once again thanks for all the advice. about running the laptop at 'adaptive mode'. i am not sure i get that. is it running in the maximum or ultimate battey mode. i already am in that mode. i guess the default power management mode is optimised, but a little experimentation told me that the max battery option makes this thing quite quiter. so is this the mode that i was advised by you all.

Gerin,

To check if you Vaio is running in adaptive mode, in the power option properties > select the for example Vaio Optimised as your power scheme then click on the Vaio power Management tab and in the plugged in column, system > CPU control, you have three options Performance, Adaptive or Battery Life.

If you wish to use a different Power Option you should still be able to select adaptive when plugged in. :slight_smile:

THEGAME
Visitor

hey guys

first of all very sorry for the breaking the series. :slight_frown:
well not making any excuses, but, i had gone for a weeks trip round places and came back with a nasty viral fever. am now almost back up on my feet now.

thalamus, thanks for the advice for the adaptive mode thing, but apparently my viao doesnt have that option. the only option that i have there is the one of brightness. maybe they decided that this series didnt need one. well how sorry those guys are.

anyways, thats just about it. other than that my laptops running on smoothly. having no hicups. what i most like about it is the clarity of the screen, its good, isnt it.

ok guys, until next time. bye bye.

GERIN

ok b