Join now - be part of our community!

New Multiflip

HardDriver

New Multiflip

Hi,

Got mine ordered on the 8th October - anyone got there's yet?

Can't wait....

HDD

73 REPLIES 73
Persason

Ahh I am deffinately keeping it! I love it. This is hands down the best laptop I have had. If you can use it in normal mode in lectures or not is a good question. I think that is is a subjective matter. I don't Know why you would ever want to use it in normal mode when in lectures. I would put it in silent and power save mode just to conserve power. :slight_smile:

sitikkamies
Explorer

I have used my older laptops in my living room at wlan-network. With different setups I had no problems with connection. But new Multi-Flip 13A seems to be very unreliable there. It works great if I go near my Linksys EA4500 router, but I had much problems if I go back living room. Signal is sometimes full and dropped quickly and comes back after a while. And sometimes connection is lost. I get very low speedtest results. Surfing in internet is very difficult. Again my old warhorse Lenovo T400 do much better (working 5 years at same room and not remember it has never lost wifi-connection) even it is old and it has much another problems 😕

Maybe I had to buy wlan extender or something. Otherwise this is exiting machine and fan is not too loud to mee. If selected silent-mode it is very silent.

Persason

Wlan issues? I havent noticed any it might be an issue with your model. Try updating drivers. My network adapter works like a charm. I haven't had a single problem with it and the fan speed issue is gone aswell after the updates finished. My fan is never on in silent mode :slight_smile:

HardDriver

Wow!  You have just made my day.

I thought this was turning into a no-hoper that I would send back - IF I EVER GET IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

Still waiting by the way 😞

Can't wait to get it now, cheers!

nivaugh14
Explorer

Glad some one is happy at least !!

Received mine today with no order or delivery date issues at all thank goodness - very quck , under 3 weeks start to finish .

However big issues with connectivity so far , wireless connection only on a handfull of times in past few hours . Theres quite a few forums out there where customers are having major issues with wireless connecton and Im beginning to think I am another one of them . So disappointed so far and unless I can find a solution this beautiful laptop wil be returned .

I can see some information about using a nano wireless adaptor , some suggest its a solution so I guess I will be trying that first as really want to keep this machine !!

Can someon also direct me to the settings that allow you to put the fan on silent please ?? Thanks !

Anyone else found a solution to or had wireless connection issues - be interested to know .

Harddriver - really hope you receive yours soon .

Persason

To put the fan on silent mode you need to launch the program called "vaio control center". try serching for it in the start menu if you cant find it. I believe the setting is located under Power and Battery settings. 

Which wireless adapter do you have? The AC version or the N version? It might be a problem with the AC version, because I have the N version and haven't noticed anything. They used the newest intell wireless module, so I believe that it is a drivers issue if anything. Try search for drivers from intels site and see if it fixes your problem.

HardDriver

Here I am with my 6th week Order Placement Anniversary tomorrow.

My current delivery slot is 16th to 21st November 2013 - my 13A Flip is showing as being built in the factory as it has for some 5 weeks now.

Does it look like getting to me by Thursday?  Does it *****!

I'm getting tired of this now...

bleonard71
Explorer

Im the same ordered on the 8th October.. Getting well fed up now especially after getting this message on the 8th of November.. Got onto Customer Service today and they said they couldn't give me concrete time when it will be delivered. 

Dear Customer,

Because of production related re-scheduling of your VAIO order, you may have received several update emails with various estimated delivery dates. Please note that our factory has now finalized all re-scheduling operations and the last communicated dates you have received are final. (MEANT TO BE BETWEEN THE 16TH AND 21ST)

We would like to apologize for the delay and the resulting communication.

As a sign of goodwill, please find below a voucher code which will discount any VAIO accessory by 25% at Sony Store Online.

V13FNFF

Please note that this voucher code is valid until 31.1.2014 and after this date can no longer be used.

If you need to contact us, please send an email tocustomer.service.ie@shop.sony-europe.com .

With kind regards,
Your Sony Store Online team

HardDriver

Things have just got even worse!

I received another email this morning stating my delivery, although FINAL FROM THE LAST EMAIL, is now 8th to 16th December (2013 I think)!!!  :angry:

OMG - When will I get it?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My spec is:

i7; 512SSD; 8GB; Black

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harida5a
Explorer

this is not a problem mate... I have been waiting 6 weeks; and i received NEW VAIO i7 which works with speed 0.77 GHz ! - SONY told me that everything is all right