Join now - be part of our community!

New Multiflip

HardDriver

New Multiflip

Hi,

Got mine ordered on the 8th October - anyone got there's yet?

Can't wait....

HDD

73 REPLIES 73
bleonard71
Explorer

I guessing im going to get the same message now.. where are you based? Im in Ireland..The feeling Im getting off customers service is that they want me to cancel the order.. which I don't really want to do.. I was originally going to get the yoga but changed my mind when I saw this but if they keep f**king me over I met just go back and get the new yoga pro 2.. (my spec is 13 i7 8gb 256ssd black)
Curly1874
Explorer

I feel your pain!!! Including the initial order, I'm up to 5 different sets delivery dates!

Also had the final dates email early november only to receive another set of dates yesterday of 08.12.13 to 13.12.13. That would make it 9 weeks from the date of order.

This is getting embarrassing now sony... SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!

bleonard71
Explorer

Got it last night delivery now between the 8th and 13th December! But it it seems the product has been pulled from nearly all online stores which suggests maybe the fan issue really is a problem and they are attempting to fix same.
HardDriver

If this is the case then Sony should perhaps be commended for their actions - just wish I had been told in the first place!

After all, it is probably best to wait to receive it 100% than have to return it afterwards, think that would be far worse.

I've resigned myself to just waiting now...

I have been keeping up-to-date with this forum and wanted to post a quick message.

I ordered two Vaio Flips, in the UK, on Oct 8th.  Unfortunately I have just cancelled the order and Sony are refunding me within 3 working days.  The total was for around £2,200.

Having received my 5th email notifying me of a further delay, I finally had enough.  I am furious at how this entire saga has been handled by Sony and would like to state how useless Sony Customer Services are - I am perplexed as to their function as they seem powerless to assist customers.

Perhaps it is for the best.  Knowing of potential issues with battery life and fan noise it might be a blessing in-disguise.  It is sad, however, as the product looks fantastic.

Sony are meant to be a premium brand but fail miserably with their delivery, service, and support.

I hope others have a better experience.

Please note:  Should others request cancellations/refunds: Sony may suggest to wait for delivery and refuse.  Only once the order has returned to their factory can a refund be processed.  Considering Sony have had my money for the past 6 weeks, I was not prepared to wait any longer.  You are within your rights to ask for an immediate refund.  Alternatively you can ask your credit card company for a refund.

The search continues for a great laptop...

bleonard71
Explorer

Customer Service sent me a email this morning saying mine is ready to ship and i should get a tracking number soon. 🙂

Curly1874
Explorer

Not sure I can believe this, but I got another set of delivery dates last night. It's now 11.12.13 to 16.12.13 :angry:

Does anyone know what the hold ups are? I was told component shortages, but people appear to be receiving their orders, even though they placed after mine.

My config is:

13.3" Black

i7-4500U 1.8 GHz 

8 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3L-SDRAM 
256 GB SATA Flash SSD 
Intel® HD Graphics 4400

If they are having shortages, does anyone know what components they might be?

After complaining to sony on a few occasions, I received 3 vouchers in compensation (1 x £50, 1 x £25 and a 25% discount voucher), but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep being fobbed off! At the moment, I'll consider myself lucky if I receive it before xmas!

Khalid64
Explorer

I am in the same situation. they have moved my delivery date 6 times from 22.10.13 to 27.11.13. On complaining they sent me a mail that the factory has now finalized their production schedule & the delivery dates sent is the final one & guess what since then they have not delivered the laptop & when I contacted them again they tol me my viaio is already despatched & will be delivered soon. Then they changed the date again twice since. I am still not sure when will they deliver. The customer service attendants attitude is very dismissive. I am very disappointed in their service & hope I do not have to deal with them again. So much for Sony's reputation.
HardDriver

Another lousy email this morning, mine's been pushed back for the 6th time!

I'm now getting to the stage where I tell them where to stick it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a ***** date and STCK TO IT!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Order it on 12 Oct, received it on Friday, return it today!!