Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

it would appear that the WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08 has been removed.. :thinking:

Chanandler
Visitor

Hi All,

it would appear that the WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08 has been removed.. :thinking:

Ahh well at least it looks more likely that there is a problem with the file / software and not just something thats affecting a few of us.

profile.country.en_GB.title
leekendr
Visitor

hmm, im not sure as to there being a problem with the file, as i have it perfectly installed on my FZ21M, running next to windvd 9 =]

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hmm, im not sure as to there being a problem with the file, as i have it perfectly installed on my FZ21M, running next to windvd 9 =]

It is odd, as I posted earlier, it's strange that the update installs on some FZ21M model's but not on others....

kendo88 posted: installed fine here, on my FZ21M running vista.

and
NetHolik posted: Hi,
just wanted to say that for my vaio running Vista it went smooth. No problems.

yet
kingpuiwong posted:my WinDVD version is 8.0 DXVA B08.425, on a FZ21M.

luminessence posted:same problem with my FZ21Z and my WinDVD version is: 8.0 DXVA B08.425

I was going to join this knitting circle and declare that I am one of the many whose laptop (AR51-M) throws a wobbler with the WinDVD BD 8.0.9.301_3 update.

The WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 update (posted today) appears to have installed wobble-free. Presumably this is the end of the story... or is it?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 update (posted today) 

I thought the InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 has been available since 03/12/2007... :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

It would seem that everybody who has had a problem with the update had version 8.0.8.425 installed previously. But I suppose most people would have had that anyway :kissing:

I installed all available VAIO updates a few days ago. WinDVD BD 8.0.9.301_3 was the only one which threw up the error message. WinDVD BD 4.0.8.425 was not on the update list at that time (presumably BD 8.0.9.301_3 superseded it and made it obsolete).

Today, when I checked for available updates for my AR51M, I find that (as previously mentioned by Thalamus) 301_3 has been removed but - my never having installed it previously - 425 appeared instead. It is true that this update was originally made available on 3 December 2007. I think that with 301_3's removal, the previously obsolete 425 now becomes valid once again.

Anyhow, I seem to have proved to myself that the 301_3 update problem is still extant. We shall continue to wait patiently for Sony's boffins to come up with the goods.

Apologies if I have confused anyone - or everyone.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Apologies if I have confused anyone - or everyone.

No need to apologise Euripides Trousers, it's probably only me who was confused..

I do get confused easily.. :smileygrin:

I.C.Weiner
Visitor

It would seem that everybody who has had a problem with the update had version 8.0.8.425 installed previously. But I suppose most people would have had that anyway  :kissing:

I had this problem with a brand new FZ21M and WinDVD version 8.0.8.385 installed.
After Sony pulled 8.0.9.301_3 I can now upgrade to 8.0.8.425 but still have the same issue trying to upgrade to 8.0.9.301.

Therefore I don't think it is a problem with 8.0.8.425 but rather something with 8.0.9.301.
I am intrigued that some people have had success with a FZ21M implying something is different about there Vaio when literally all I have done is run the initial software setup then try the update.