Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Haven't forgotten about us have you?

Still can't play BD properply!

No we haven't forgotten, we are still waiting for further news from Sony..

If you wish you can contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

laura_b
Visitor

No news yet?
It is a very annoying issue as I cannot play newest BD on my VGN-FZ21S....
Laura

Chanandler
Visitor

Apologies if I have confused anyone - or everyone.

No need to apologise Euripides Trousers, it's probably only me who was confused..

I do get confused easily.. :smileygrin:

Me too lol, I'm glad that I'm not alone in the confusion :laughing:

Not with what anyone said by the way, just in general lol.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Laura,

I've asked for an update but we're still waiting news.. :slight_frown:

markskendrick
Visitor

My new VGN-AR51SU was delivered today. It replaced my previous one delivered three weeks ago, which was sent back because it wouldn't play BDs.

Out of the box, my new machine wouldn't play BDs. I then installed all updates through Vaio update. WinDVD (version 8.0DXVA B08.425) does not play BDs - it just stops responding, requiring me to power the machine off.

£1500 and it doesn't work - woe is me!

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

My new VGN-AR51SU was delivered today.  It replaced my previous one delivered three weeks ago, which was sent back because it wouldn't play BDs.

Out of the box, my new machine wouldn't play BDs. I then installed all updates through Vaio update. WinDVD (version 8.0DXVA B08.425) does not play BDs - it just stops responding, requiring me to power the machine off.

£1500 and it doesn't work - woe is me!

I also have a AR51SU. It's about 7 or 8 weeks old. I am also running version 8.0DXVA B08.425 of WinDVD BD. It plays BD's fine but sometimes does "not respond" when just started. It does not necessitate me powering off the machine though. I can sometimes just close the program and occasionally I have to "end task" in task manager. When restarted, it usually then plays ok.

ronn1e
Visitor

My AR51SU wont play BD's either (version 8.0 DXVA B09.301) Thought I was on my own!

Have had to perform full retore a couple of times thanks to iTunes (fixed now though) was so fed up with system i've changed to Raid 1. Only half the memory but much more stable. If only option for BD issue is to re install 'again' would also consider partition for os only.

Any news from Sony yet?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

hopefully within the next week or so Sony should be releasing an revised Win DVD BD update.. :pray:

Use the following link then select your model in the drop down list to check and download the update once it's available: Sony Support Downloads

gawel
Visitor

Still waiting...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Still waiting...

Blencogo asked for an update yesterday, as soon as we have further news we'll let you all know.. :thinking: