Join now - be part of our community!

No drivers. Just re-installed Windows.

profile.country.da_DK.title
EngelhardtDK
Visitor

No drivers. Just re-installed Windows.

Good evening!

I have just reinstalled windows on my computer, a Sony Vaio VPCF13L8E. Before the computer was equipped with Windows 7, but now with Windows Vista. When the installation was complete, there were absolutely no drivers installed. In that I do not have drivers on a CD rom, I have a little difficulty getting drivers downloaded to your computer. Some suggestions? Further, when I look at Sony's website, I am only able to find drivers for the operating system: XP and Windows 7. Not Windows Vista. So my questions are:

How do I get the drivers downloaded for my formatted computer when USB ports not functioning?

Which drivers will work on Windows Vista? (XP or Win 7?)

Beest regards

Christopher Engelhardt.

Message was edited by: EngelhardtDK

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Christopher,

I’m somewhat surprised that you have installed Vista as most people are desperate to go the other way...

Most Win 7 drivers will work with Vista but XP drivers will not.

I assume that you are unable to access the web at present on the VPCF13L8E and need to download from another machine and then transfer to the VPCF13L8E? If your CD/DVD drive is working then download the drivers on another machine and burn them to CD.

Alternatively if your recovery partition is intact then you could revert to factory settings, download the required drivers, burn them to CD and then re-install Vista. To access the hard drive recovery utility tap F10 at boot.

Most of the available Win7 drivers available are 64Bit so fingers crossed that you have installed Vista 64Bit.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.da_DK.title
EngelhardtDK
Visitor

Hello Rich

I've just tried out the windows 7 drivers, and they did not work!
I've installed Vista 64-bit yes.

It really can't be true i can't find drivers for Sony Vaio vpcf13l8e to Vista.

Any other hints for what to do?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Christopher,

I don't know of any simple solution for this. If you had upgraded from Vista to Win 7 then there would be the option to install drivers in compatibility mode but obviously there is no forward compatibility within Vista.

Sony did support downgrade from Vista to XP for some models but I'm unaware of any support for a downgrade from Win 7 to Vista.

All I can suggest is that you search manufacturers sites for individual devices for compatible Vista drivers. Unfortunately not all drivers released by the manufacturer will install on OEM equipment but if you really need Vista then worth investigation.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat