Join now - be part of our community!

no sound

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dr_kamal
Explorer

no sound

Hi,

I have a fairly new desktop-SVL2413M1EB. what seems to be happening for the last few weeks is that i suddenly lose the sound on the system for no obvious reason.I use BOSE external speakers.There is no sound either from the ext speakers or the PC speakers.It does come back automatically after a few days.This has now happened a few times but more frequently lately, Troubleshooting says no problem with audio/speakers, I have tried re installing the drivers and have also attempted a restore to a earlier date with no benefit, I use windows 8.1. any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Kamal

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

No problem Nobody-in-particular. The more people that try to help the better and cross postings happen all the time:smileywink:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
dr_kamal
Explorer

Managed to get relatek reinstalled yesterday,  no difference.Had sound come back this morning but back to square one after re starting .I strongly suspect its got something to do with a loose connection or something like that.Guess will have to take it back to John Lewis.

Quite disappointed, Had my previous all in one for over 7 years and never had a single problem with it, 

profile.country.GB.title
dr_kamal
Explorer

Have finally managed to get the sound back but am nit too sure how long it will last this time. 3 days and counting, fingers crossed,

thx guys for all your advice/suggestions, much appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@dr_kamal wrote:

Have finally managed to get the sound back but am nit too sure how long it will last this time. 3 days and counting, fingers crossed,

thx guys for all your advice/suggestions, much appreciated

Hi dr_kamal,

could you please share how you managed to get your sound back as it may help others with a similar problem in the future.?

If one of the solutions offered in this thread helped you then click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of that post and this will mark that post as the Solution..:smileywink: