Join now - be part of our community!

Notebook memory

onlyone
Visitor

Notebook memory

Excuse for writting this topic here, but i would know if it is possible to have more than 512Mo of memory with my PCGFR-315S?
I've seen on "http:\\Ram-shopping.com" that my notebook model can't have more memory!
If someone have tested or know how to do, i'm ready!
Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi onlyone,

You can upgrade to a max. of 1024 Mb of RAM. To achieve this you will need to replace both of the existing 256 Mb modules with 2 X 512 Mb modules.

Have a look at this tutorial for you model.

Crucial.com are a popular choice on this forum for memory.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
onlyone
Visitor

Thank you i'll see that, but is it really a good idea to upgrade memory on this model? and how that cost finally?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The cost of a 512 Mb module is £31.71 inc. VAT, so X 2 total cost is £63.42.

Is upgrading worth it? Well this depends on how you use your notebook and which and how many applications you run.

For example if you use mainly word processing, MSN messenger and email client then you will possibly notice very little benefit from the extra memory. If, however, you are a gaming fan, use CAD or graphics applications or multiple applications at one time then yes upgrading will certainly increase system performance.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
onlyone
Visitor

I use all i can on my notebook! And internet explorer 7 is running bad when i have word, wireless connection, and microsoft upadte all in same time! My ati radeon take memory from my RAM so i have 486mo total and free RAM 100mo!
I play games nfs underground 2, battlefield, gta:vice city, and it's near good!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I use all i can on my notebook!

In that case you will certainly see a system improvement in upgrading to 1024 Mb of RAM.

You could also try defragmenting the hard drive to see whether this makes a noticable improvement in performance.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat