Join now - be part of our community!

Notebook Mousepad loss of functionality

apierc1
Visitor

Notebook Mousepad loss of functionality

Hello Techheads,

I'm wanting to pick your brains about my mousepad on my notebook. i have an FE21M, and I recently installed intellipoint with my new microsoft Sidewinder mouse, now i've just noticed that my scroll and back and forward features on the mouse pad (using the right hand side up and down to scroll up and down, and using the top of the pad to navigate back and forward through pages) isn't working. I can't find a control window for the inbuilt mouse, i'm sure there was one previously, I have tried to reinstall the preloaded drivers but i'm not sure if i'm trying the right ones, but it isn't doing anything.

Thanks for your info in advance

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andy,

Go to Start > Run type devmgmt.msc and press OK, Device Manager window should open, double click Mouse and Other Pointing Devices.

Is there a pointing device or PS2 mouse listed..?

apierc1
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

yes there are 2 devices listed,

1. Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (Intellipoint)
2. Microsoft USB Trackball Optical (Intellipoint)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andy,

You should have the touchpad drivers in C:\Drivers\Pointing, if not then download the Original Drivers Package from HERE , once downloaded extract the files..

Go to Start > Run type devmgmt.msc and press OK, Device Manager window should open, double click Mouse and Other Pointing Devices.

Right click once on the Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse and select properties.

Select the 'Driver' tab and click on Update driver.

A new Hardware Update Window will appear, select Install from a list or specific location (advanced) and click next

The window now changes select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install' and click next.

If 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) appears in the new window, select it and click next..

If the 'Alps Pointing-device' does not appear in the list remove the tick from 'Show Compatible Hardware' and select Alps Electric from the Manufacturer column then 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) from the model column and then click next.

Failing that click back and select Search for the best driver in these locations, remove the tick from floppy, cd rom and browse to the location of the downloaded Alps driver folder to included it in the search and click next.

Wait for the driver to install then click Finish, a System Settings Change window should now appear prompting you to Restart your Computer and click Yes to restart....

apierc1
Visitor

Cheers Thalamus,

I had tried to reinstall it myself, even found the right driver, but following your instructions it worked, and now the inbuilt mouse and the intelli mouses are both avaliable.
Now the scroll and internet functions are back working!

Thanks very much for your help

Andy

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that your both your touchpad & Intelli mouse are working now.. :slight_smile: