Join now - be part of our community!

odbc32.dll file not found!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
LynneMcK
Visitor

odbc32.dll file not found!

VGN-FZ21E, getting error message odbc32.dll file not found, can't use itunes or external hard drive, can anybody tell me if there is anywhere safe I can download this file from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You should find a copy of the file on your Vaio.  Look in C:\Windows\i386\odbc32.dl_

1.  Click Start -> "All Programs" to view the complete list. Click "Accessories" to  open a sub-menu that includes the "Command Prompt" option.

2.  Right-click "Command Prompt" and click "Run as administrator."

3.  Type

expand -r c:\windows\i386\odbc32.dl_ c:\windows\system32\odbc.dll

and press Enter.  You will get a message confirming that the file has been expanded, renamed and copied to the System32 folder.

4.  ALTERNATIVELY Type

sfc /scannow

This option instructs sfc (System File Checker) to scan all protected operating system files and repair all files as necessary.

I would also run a Virus scan - just to be sure!!

I would not recommend downloading DLL files.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You should find a copy of the file on your Vaio.  Look in C:\Windows\i386\odbc32.dl_

1.  Click Start -> "All Programs" to view the complete list. Click "Accessories" to  open a sub-menu that includes the "Command Prompt" option.

2.  Right-click "Command Prompt" and click "Run as administrator."

3.  Type

expand -r c:\windows\i386\odbc32.dl_ c:\windows\system32\odbc.dll

and press Enter.  You will get a message confirming that the file has been expanded, renamed and copied to the System32 folder.

4.  ALTERNATIVELY Type

sfc /scannow

This option instructs sfc (System File Checker) to scan all protected operating system files and repair all files as necessary.

I would also run a Virus scan - just to be sure!!

I would not recommend downloading DLL files.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
LynneMcK
Visitor

Thank u, that worked a treat, no error messages, I can now use my itunes, external hard drive and bluetooth usb.

much appreciated :slight_smile: