Join now - be part of our community!

Outlook Express 6 problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

Outlook Express 6 problem

Hello Gentlemen, I am afraid I have what may be a multi faceted problem which I hope you can help me to fix.

Rightly or wrongly I use Outlook Express 6 as my desktop email package which is diverted from my BT Yahoo on-line mail account.

The first problem is that on first boot of Outlook Express I get two error messages reading as follows

'Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection, Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail btopenworld.com', Server: mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP 3, Port:110 Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800ccc0F'

&

Message number 2 could not be retrieved. 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server response: 'ERR inactivity timeout', Port:110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD'

Outlook Express will generally download my mail after 2nd or 3rd restart.

The second problem is that I do not have a 'Mail' folder in my 'Control Panel'. Following the usual remedies via Microsoft & other advice on the net (ie checking/adding missing line 'mlcfg32.cpl'  in the registry edit have made no difference!

The third problem is that my main work contact (and maybe others) are now not recieving my emails, which is very serious indeed. Others seem to get my mail and indeed the mail I am trying to send to my client. This I do not seem to be able to fix!

I am very sorry for including three problems on this posting but feel that they may all be interconnected somehow.

Very much appreciate any help offered, since I am out of ideas.

Thank you,

Gyron

Hello Gentlemen, I am afraid I have what may be a multi faceted problem which I hope you can help me to fix.

Rightly or wrongly I use Outlook Express 6 as my desktop email package which is diverted from my BT Yahoo on-line mail account.

The first problem is that on first boot of Outlook Express I get two error messages reading as follows

'Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection, Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail btopenworld.com', Server: mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP 3, Port:110 Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800ccc0F'

&

Message number 2 could not be retrieved. 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server response: 'ERR inactivity timeout', Port:110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD'

Outlook Express will generally download my mail after 2nd or 3rd restart.

The second problem is that I do not have a 'Mail' folder in my 'Control Panel'. Following the usual remedies via Microsoft & other advice on the net (ie checking/adding missing line 'mlcfg32.cpl'  in the registry edit have made no difference!

The third problem is that my main work contact (and maybe others) are now not recieving my emails, which is very serious indeed. Others seem to get my mail and indeed the mail I am trying to send to my client. This I do not seem to be able to fix!

I am very sorry for including three problems on this posting but feel that they may all be interconnected somehow.

Very much appreciate any help offered, since I am out of ideas.

Thank you,

Gyron

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

Sincere apologies, my message has somehow been duplicated on posting. Please read first and disregard second.

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gyron,

I am not familiar with Outlook Express 6 or Yahoo on-line mail, but the error message mentions ‘Secure (SSL)’ – this may indicate that there is a problem within the settings for authentication.

Have a look at the following link, especially with regard to step 13.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25881

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat