Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-GRZ615S Startup problem

Earlstreetblue
Visitor

PCG-GRZ615S Startup problem

I have had this laptop now for quite a while, and up till the other day, had performed perfectly. Now when I switch on it seems to go straight into snooze mode. Someone suggested to me that it might have something to do with a switch which comes into play when the lid is closed. So I very carefully prodded the opening (where the screen catch goes when the lid is closed), and blow me down, when I switched it on the laptop booted normally into windows.

Unfortunatly it has done it again and refuses to co-operate. Is this a connon problem with these laptops, and if so what will it take to get it fixed?

I would assume, its something that isn't too difficult to sort out or cost too much to fix.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Earlstreetblue,

welcome to club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

try this as a temporary fix..

Go to Control Panel and select Performance & Maintenance followed by Power Options, ..

In the Power Options properties window select Advanced.

Make sure When I close my lid on my portable computer is set to do nothing..

Hopefully this will allow you to use your Vaio without it randomly going into sleep mode.. :wink:

Earlstreetblue
Visitor

Unfotuanatly I cannot get into windows as all I get is a blank/black screen.

With hindsight, I maybe should have done what you suggested.

So how would you suggest I get into windows to change this option?

Is there in fact a switch that seems to be the problem, or not?
And is it fixable?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Earlstreetblue,

are you able to boot into safemode and change the power options.?

To boot into safe mode, Start your Vaio and when the Vaio logo appears press the F8 key repeatedly..

If this doesn't work then I suggest you either contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Or

See if a local repairer in your area can fix your Vaio's catch..

Earlstreetblue
Visitor

When I switch on, I just get a blank screen. It seems as if its in hibernation mode or whatever. I can here the fan spin up and hear the hard drive, but I carn't see whats going on. Like I said the first time it did this I managed to get into windows and everything was fine. But if I switch off and close the lid, it won't start up as it should. So I carn't get into windows either in normal or in safe mode, well I carn't see whats going on.