Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-RS322E problem:

davevaio
Visitor

PCV-RS322E problem:

Hi,

I recently pruchased the above desktop over the weekend but have come to find a problem. I brought the PC home and set it up and came to install my ADSL modem which installed succesfully. I then try to install my BTopenworld CD to configure my connection, which encounters a problem straight from opening but continues to load the installer. Now, the installer says my computer doesnt meet the software's minumum requirements?

The CD requires a PII 233MHz and shows my PC has 33MHz :thinking: It also says I have no disk space memory, RAM or recent USB connections :anguished: thus the reason it will not run.

IAnybody any ideas how I can solve the matter?

Kind regards,

David Bailey

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try and get the settings from them so you can do it manually.

davevaio
Visitor

yeah, I'm going to ring BT first thing tomorrow to see if they can.

I was just wondering if this would be a problem for future installation, games etc? I've put on photoshop, dreamweaver and office which are all fairly big programs and they've gone on no problem. Strange.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yep, it's mainly the way BT made their software, it needs Java and uses MS' redunt Virtual Machine, which is a real pain. If you do a backup of settings once it's all working with the Files and Settings Wizard, you'll never need to put them in again.