Join now - be part of our community!

Performance mode switch utility for VPCZ12M9E/B

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeydee
Visitor

Performance mode switch utility for VPCZ12M9E/B

Hi,

I had to upgrade original windows 7 installation. I found most of drivers in download section. However cannot find the performance mode switch utility that alows you to switch graphic card on - flight. I move the button in the laptop but nothing changes and light stays on at one of the mode that was on during boot time. Also function key for adjusting backlight intesitvity don't work. All work fine when loaded original w7 - clearly some drivers are missing on download page. Any clues ?

thx

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which version of the nVidia driver do you have installed?

I think the Sony provided driver is required for these to work.

32 &64 bit versions are available here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCZ12M9E_B

I assime you have installed Sony Shared Library, Setting Utility Series and Vaio Event Service?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeydee
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

I initially installed the drivers from the sony drivers page (the same you gave link to) - diver version 8.16.11.8880  as well as all utilities mentioned + updates. It didn't work.

Now I just reinstalled the same graphic drivers + executed again the updated for vaio event services (which in fact in its directory has got the utility to switch performance mode). I restarted the laptop and all of the sudden it works fine - the icon poped up and I can switch mode on-flight.

I'm wondering if there is a particular order of installing these drivers that hasn't been mentioned in the manual / website.