Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 blurry ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
vincenttracey
Visitor

Windows 7 blurry ?

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and now all text seems out of focus and blurry despite trying to change the resolution and other settings it's still the same. I have read elsewhere that it's a software/hardware conflict.

Can anyone help because this is sore on the eyes and might need to downgrade to XP because fed up with Vista and all it's problems?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which model Vaio do you have?

Which graphics driver version do you have installed?

:thinking:

vincenttracey
Visitor

It's a Vaio VGC-LA2 all in one Desktop.

NVIDIA standard VGA graphics adapter with driver 6.1.7600.16385

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Ah, that explains your problem.

You only have the default VGA driver generic to Windows 7 installed.  This just gives only 640 X 480 resolution - which explains your blurred picture.

You need to install a proper Sony nVidia Graphics Driver that is Windows 7 compatible.  Unfortunately this is not simple for the GeForce Go 7400 as Sony have not provided a Windows 7 driver for your model.

I will try to find one for you from another Vaio when I have a bit more time.  Meanwhile someone else may be able to help.

profile.country.fr_BE.title
inspecteurharry
Visitor

why waiting if you can use the drivers directly from nVidia?

Go to this page and make your choice:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

vincenttracey
Visitor

Thanks, I have tried to download from NVIDIA website but text is still the same.

It's just so bloody frustrating that Sony have not sorted this out by now because I'm not alone looking at various forums. It's not as if Windows 7 was released last week :slight_frown:

vincenttracey
Visitor

Tried NVIDIA website and installed drivers from there still no fix.

I then installed DriverMax which then searched for drivers and found a completely different driver for my pc which works perfectly. It's quite handy programme used it before to roll my laptop back to XP when the wireless LAN wouldn't work and fixed that first time. The free version gives 2 downloads per day but there is a pro version available if needed.

Follow this link http://download.cnet.com/DriverMax/3000-18513_4-10572602.html?part=dl-85782&subj=dl&tag=button