Join now - be part of our community!

Playing Blu-Ray discs - A message to Sony

NevilleBeddoe
Visitor

Playing Blu-Ray discs - A message to Sony

Will Sony makers of the VAIO Laptop VGN-AR11s please tell me how to play Blu Ray discs on my laptop which has a Blu-Ray drive.

One of the major reasons why I purchased the machine in September 2006 was to be able to play High definition movies.
And now my children have bought me for Christmas a BluRay version of the film "Swordfish" which just doesnt play.

Have I been misled by the Sony laptop advertising blurb, or do I have to download software to get the device to work. Alternatively do I have to send the laptop for repair by Sony with whom I have a two year guarantee for the machine, which works in other respects.

Yours sincerely

Neville Beddoe

12 REPLIES 12
chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi Neville, the connector you need on the PC end of your optical cable is called mini toslink, most electrical stores sell them, either as a converter plug or a premade one with the standard square plug on the other end.

HTH

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Bit lost with Hi Def, not being able to afford it I don't really know much about it all.

Jumpsuit was alerting Chris he'd sent him a PM (private message), because the Sony system doesn't tell us when one has arrived.

chris_lewis
Visitor

I like the feature myself, I tried to explain but it all got a bit complex lol :smileygrin: