Join now - be part of our community!

Please help me!! Gift Laptop is locked

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TriciaBooth
Visitor

Please help me!! Gift Laptop is locked

I need somebody to answer a simple question - here's my story. My ex-husband promised to give me his Company Laptop (Sony Vaio VGN-SZ3VWP/X) when he retired. He's just done so, but before he gave it to me he deleted his BIOS password.

Now the laptop won't let me in at all. I know his previous password (he told me) and I've tried that and also no password (just hit enter) as it should be, since he deleted it completely. Whatever I try, it locks up and demands a "onetime password" that neither of us have got.

On the Sony website it says "our of warranty" - BUT what I need to know is, why can't he delete his bios password? He says the laptop came with NO password, he created it - so why can't he delete it with this happening. And, does that mean I'm forced to recreate one (assuming I can ever get into bios to do so.)

I'm just stumped. As it was his Company laptop he doesn't have a receipt for it, but he says he did register it. None of that helps me because from what I understand, you can't get a onetime password without a receipt.

ARGHH - I'm tearing my hair out. I have the laptop I've waited for for two years and it's as useless as a doorstop. What can I do?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tricia,

You will need to contact Vaio Support using the out of warranty number and explain the situation to them. Hopefully as the machine is registered and if you know the registered name and address they may be able to help.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tricia,

You will need to contact Vaio Support using the out of warranty number and explain the situation to them. Hopefully as the machine is registered and if you know the registered name and address they may be able to help.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Glad24
New

Help please! I did a Windows update and after that, was locked out of my laptop, Sony Vaio VGN-NS30E. I have not changed the password. This is a laptop I bought some years back through AmazonUK when I lived in Spain.I've searched and searched the internet, downloaded several socalled fixes to recover password but they either don't work or you have to pay to be able to reset. And I'm really reluctant to do that since it was a Windows issue that caused it in the first place. 

Grateful for any advice.