Join now - be part of our community!

please help pcg-k415s wont power

profile.country.en_GB.title
denoskt
New

please help pcg-k415s wont power

when i push the button to power on the computer, four green leds and one orange turn on and turn off immediately and the computer wont turn on, why the computer wont power ?

poweron.jpg

i remove the hard disk and plugged into power cable, the orange light works good, but the vaio wont power on

charge.jpg

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
gugabackhand
Visitor

You might want to try a hard reset on this. Looks like a hardware issue from here. Hopefully not. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/1.gif

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

@ gugabackhand

Please don’t post suggestions without explaining how to achieve it. This only causes confusion.

Hi denoskt,

Remove the power adaptor and battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect battery and power adaptor and attempt to boot.

If this fails to resolve the problem then it could very well be hardware related.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi denoskt,

My guess is that you have a hardware fault. If you wish an authorised Sony to look at the machine then follow this link and enter your postcode for repairers in your area.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Otherwise Google for repairs...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi denoskt,

This model must be at least 8 years old and after this length of time it is would be no surprise if components begin to fail.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
denoskt
New

sometimes when I try to power on, the screen looks like same when it is in off state, i cannot even hear the sound from the laptop which it use to give, when started,  to be clear my laptop situation is like it is in off mode even is start. no fan sound no nothing but only the power on light and i can eject cd rom by pressing the button.

denoskt
New

Rich, this problem could be defective factory ?

pcg-k415s appears to have several defects in manufacturing. .. .what you think ?

denoskt
New

Rich thanks but nothing happened after done as described the lights flashed but the vaio wont power

then removed the cable and put back no lights flashed again surely the problem is in hardware. This defect makes attacked several pcg-k415s the computer still does not work.

Thanks for all Rich, for a moment I had hope.

Message was edited by: denoskt

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

One of the few things that you can try for yourself is to either reseat or change the memory modules. Otherwise seek help from a repairer, but bear in mind that this will probably cost more than the value of the machine...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat