Join now - be part of our community!

please help

paulsharp
Visitor

please help

I hope someone can give me a bit of help here.
I bought an RS-702 about 6 months ago. It has a 20 gig c: drive and a 120 gig d: drive. Whenever I save any pics or music or whatever it defaults to documents and settings in my c: drive which is now full. Is there an easy way to change my default to the d: drive instead of having to go into file then save as?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Welcome to Club Vaio paulsharp.

I suggest that you move the My Documents folder to the D drive.
To do this, in explorer, right click in the My Documents folder and select Properties. Click on Move, in the next pane cluck on the + next to My Computer, single left click on the D drive to select it and click OK.
This will free up space on your C drive and also avoid grief if you ever need to recover your system as the D drive us unaffected by a restore.
Anything that you save to My Pictures, My Music etc., etc. will automatically be saved to the correct folder on the D drive.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
VAIOFAN
Visitor

Hi paulsharp, welcome to VAIO forum.

Yeah i have the same model as you, but mine is 502.

i have a 160GB hard disc and 30 on C: drive and 130GB on 😧 drive.

Do what Rich said because thats what i done.

I only use 30 GB for my programs i use everyday life.

but my work is on 😧 drive!

Ok mate, good luck

Paul

paulsharp
Visitor

Cheers guys.
Have moved My Documents now to d and it looks fine, my only other issue is the My Pictures file is in Documents and Settings but I cannot move this file as I keep getting a warning that it is in use!!! Any more ideas??
Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Close any programmes that may be using that folder, including your desktop ( change your desktop picture if it is in that folder) and try again.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
VAIOFAN
Visitor

I mad that mirstake once! lol!

Got it now.

Paul

paulsharp
Visitor

Nice one chaps. Thanks a lot.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor