Join now - be part of our community!

Pocket Firmware Update

andyingram
Visitor

Pocket Firmware Update

Have recently loaded the firmware update onto my pocket and since then have not been able to transfer any more music over. Keep getting notice saying "device/media not connected. Have tried using reset button but has made no difference. Anyone have any ideas

8 REPLIES 8
jsonic
Visitor

Hi,

did you upgrade Sonicstage to 2.3 (at least, I use 3.1) it is necesary after the firmwareupgrade!

Otherwise deinstall SS, delete the programfile/sony /sonicstage drirectory as well as the sony directory in program files/common files at your systemdisk and reinstall sonicstage.

Aslo you can try to reinstall the firmwareupgrade, if there was a problem with it during upgrade it might not be complete.

Another option is to format the pocket and retransmit the files.

I hope any of this will work otherwise your pocket may have a problem.

good luck

JS

Poolymonyet
Visitor

Hi,

did you upgrade Sonicstage to 2.3 (at least, I use 3.1) it is necesary after the firmwareupgrade!

Otherwise deinstall SS, delete the programfile/sony /sonicstage drirectory as well as the sony directory in program files/common files at your systemdisk and reinstall sonicstage.

Aslo you can try to reinstall the firmwareupgrade, if there was a problem with it during upgrade it might not be complete.

Another option is to format the pocket and retransmit the files.

I hope any of this will work otherwise your pocket may have a problem.

good luck

JS

Hornby
Visitor

Once you have updated the firmware, you MUST update SonicStage to at least 2.3 and music transfer to 1.2!

Thats all any more problems and come back!

mrbunty
Visitor

Can Tell me where is reset button plzzzzzzzzzz

Hornby
Visitor

Have you bad eye sight?

... Check the bottom of the player, its like a small hole.

andyingram
Visitor

on the bottom of the actual player.

Its a small hole that you need to stick a pin into to reset the machine.

Dazza_uk
Visitor

:thinking: I'm having the same problem. I have upgraded the firmware to 3.0.0.C171F, then upgraded transfer s/w to 1.2 and SS2.3.

SS2.3 see the ATRAC device but says not a valid ATRAC device for SS2.3 ??? The PC sees the drive also.

Also Vaio music transfer doesn't see a valid device???

I have since reading these threads, deleted SS2.3 & music tranfer and the folders on the PC, reloaded BUT still have fault? Even done a reset on bottom of VAIO. What next?? HELP!

MintSauce
Visitor

:thinking: I'm having the same problem.  I have upgraded the firmware to 3.0.0.C171F, then upgraded transfer s/w to 1.2 and SS2.3.

SS2.3 see the ATRAC device but says not a valid ATRAC device for SS2.3 ??? The PC sees the drive also.

Also Vaio music transfer doesn't see a valid device???

I have since reading these threads, deleted SS2.3 & music tranfer and the folders on the PC, reloaded BUT still have fault? Even done a reset on bottom of VAIO. What next?? HELP!

Hey yeah i'm having the exact same problem as you what is it? i have tried to download SS3.1 but stil wont let me transfere all my music, it keeps saying that the music folders can't be found but im recording from a cd. have you found the answer yet?