Join now - be part of our community!

Pocket Vaio + Album Covers

Dave4755
Visitor

Pocket Vaio + Album Covers

Hi Everybody. This is my first ever post so apologies if I get process wrong. I need some advice please. Just got My 40Gb Vaio. So far well impressed but have had a bit of trouble trying to install SS3.1. The process deletes 2.3 but 3.1 is "not there". Anybody else encountered this problem? Also how do you bring in the Album covers onto display. I have ripped my CD's using Windows Media Player and the folders on my PC show the covers but I can't see how to download them onto my pocket. Any advice would br appreciated.
Thanks in advance from a forum virgin!:smileyblush:

9 REPLIES 9
chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi Dave, First off you will need to get 3.1 installed as you have to use this to update your VP! also download all the updates for your VP from the Fan Shop/Software/audio video part of the main club vaio site. Fully uninstall 2.3 in control panel and try again, also you will need to be online during the install have a check if your firewall is blocking Sonic Stage as this can sometimes cause issues.

3.1 is MP3 compatible although I still much prefer Atrac3 but if you have loads of MP3's you can use the import function and that will sort you out, for the cover art you will need to create a seperate file to store the pics in and then manually drag and drop the pics to the desired album,

I hope this helps

C

Dave4755
Visitor

Thanks Chris I will try tonight when I get home. Just one thing though I don't see where to access the album cover from via Windows media or will I have to rip them all thru SS?

chris_lewis
Visitor

I think you will have to either copy & paste from WMP or get the art yourself from Amazon or Discogs.com, lots of clicking im afraid but its the only way currently!! SS can be a pain at times if you are not used to it, but once its all set up it works a treat & IMO Atrac3 in terms of sound quality beats the pants of MP3 too!!

I hope you have some success tonight!!:smileywink:

C

DoctorHotpants
Visitor

have you copied the music accross before you aded the pic to the folder?

if you have you will need to delete them from the pocket, and re-copy them accross

i had this prob when i first started

Dave4755
Visitor

Thanks for advice. I'm going to delete all on Pocket and start again.:smileysad:

InfamousGreggyG
Visitor

Where is SonicStage v3.1?! I have updated my version from 2.2 to 2.3 using the downloads available on vaio-link.com. There is no 3.1 download for UK users. Is this a US only thing at the moment does anyone know?

Also., what new features/improvements does SS3.1 incorporate over SS2.3?

IGG

InfamousGreggyG
Visitor

Thanks for the link. How come it is in a different place from the original vaio-link.com firmware, SS and Vaio Music Transfer updates/downloads? It all seems a bit all over the place to get latest versions and updates, do you agree?

Also, because my PC has a fairly small hard drive I have been uploading abut 5-10 CDs then transfering to my AP1L then deleting albums from My Library (all traces). I find I cannot transfer albums back to My Library back from my AP1L (ie to change Genre or other info) then re-transfer back to my player. It worries me that I cannot back up all in player, as it has been taking ages getting my music on it. I feel I need backups (as advised on your 3.1 link page) before I upgrade/update to SS 3.1.

Many thanks
IGG

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, A couple of things, heres a better link for 3.1

When you rip a CD digital rights management (DRM) gets added to the file so that your PC and VP can sync but stop you from copying or transferring tracks to other PC's this is why you can't transfer back once you have deleted the original in SS, have you thought about using the 64kbps Atrac3+, this will save some space on your HD although you will lose a little bit of sound quality!!

HTH