Join now - be part of our community!

Portable Devices Error - PLEASE help

cloudancing
Visitor

Portable Devices Error - PLEASE help

Hi!

I have an Archos 605wi-fi player, I have always been able to Sync music/video files to it via Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer.

I am using Windows Vista Premium on a VGN-FZ11L Sony notebook.

Yesterday I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.and restarted computer as asked. Latter in the day Windows downloaded and installed updates. When I then turned back on Notebook as normal, it said windows was configuring windows updates (again normal). When I connected my Archos it was not reconised by Windows Media Player or My Computer as been connected to it.

So I went to device Manager, where I saw the Archos device under Portable Devices and clicked on properities it said :

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because it's configuration (in the Registry) is incomplete or damaged.
(CODE 19)"

I then selected driver update and got:
"Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"

I also noted on Portable Devices was another error on
Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver (What is that?)

Done same as above and very same error and reply when I selected update driver

I would be extremely grateful to anyone who maybe able to help me.
Thank you in Advance. :slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Hi cloudancing,

Check with the manufacturer (Archos)for a driver update...

profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

But i think Archos does'nt have drivers for Vista...

cloudancing
Visitor

It just has firmware, off which I only had updated the week before. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do in The Vista registery to fix my trouble? Thanks v.57 for your advice.

cloudancing
Visitor

bump!

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

V.57 is quite correct archos are living in a 2005 world still and think vista will not require fresh drivers to hand shake....wrong. You may have to get a XP duel boot system loaded on board to enjoy your French masterpiece...either that or wait for drivers to be posted at their website. :cry: