Join now - be part of our community!

power connection about to break

LindaL
Visitor

power connection about to break

Hi everyone,

I have a FR315M that is about to die on me 😞
The power connection pins on the side where my adapter plugs in are bent. After a little struggle with the powercord I almost broke my neck and my laptop. Now the 2 pins are bent pretty bad and cannot be straightend out 😞

Is there a way to replace this part as it is out of warrenty and I`ve gone mad calling vaio`s premium numbers, talking to the phone computer lady and not having a creditcard.

Can this part be replaced by some skilled person or has the whole laptop died on me and am I going to pay sony another huge load of money???

Pleassssse help me out as I really miss my computer really bad :cry:

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi LindaL

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Can you clarify the which power connection you mean, from the image below is it 1, 2 or 3..

If it's no 2 in the image you can contact Nexttronics (part 207 looks promising)a US based comany for a replacement, then find a local repairer to fit it for you..

LindaL
Visitor

Thalamus,

glad I found this forum, thanks :slight_smile:

It`s numer 2, so that`s why I`m freakin out here, I really hope this can be fixed without spending hundreds of euro`s

Thanks!

Linda

William
Visitor

Hi Linda,

The part that you would need can be sourced from Nexttronics in the USA for a price of $38.40 plus shipping.

You could then hopefully get it fitted by a local reputable laptop repair shop.

I believe it is part no 207 on this diagram.

NEXTTRONICS

LindaL
Visitor

Thanks for that william!

but this looks more like the foot the laptop rests on, as there is also a part 204 that looks the same (foot front) I don`t think this is it 😞

The more I`m looking at this the more I think this is gonna be a real hassle :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Linda,

Part no 207 listed as DC CABLE (INT) is as both William and myself mentioned appears to be the correct part..

Also parts 206 listed as BRACKET DC and part 208 listed as PLATE DC depending on whats damaged may be required...:smileyconfused:

Parts 204 (front feet) and 205 (rear feet) are indeed the rubber feet..

LindaL
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus,

I think that is indeed what I was looking for. Now just to find someone in the netherlands who can fix this :slight_smile:

at least I know the part is still available! a real relief!!!

Linda

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Linda..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you go to the yellow pages I am sure someone in Amsterdam fixes them