Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Link support

Schokoolero
Visitor

Vaio Link support

I seems one is lost, once on gets into real troubles with the notebook.

I tried to get to the drivers section of the vaio-link page with my PC. However the registration number is not accepted. I get send back to the same page, I typed it in without any hints on why that happens.
Probably that is because the number could not be confirmed by my hardware, but how do I get there, if my notebook doesn't have internet access? Do I really have to go and buy the extra wires or an ISDN card or a wlan router just to update the drivers?

So I tried the support side to ask for help. The name and password I used to register the notebook didn't work, so I thought I had to register for the e-support again. I did and was told my data was already known and I would receive an e-mail with a link. I didn't get one.
I tried the "lost password" option several times, making sure I didn't misstype my e-mail adress. Again I got nothing.
So I can't even contact the support by e-mail. :cry:

I actually got the updates already, when I was at University and had access to the internet with my notebook, I just didn't save the pages saying how to install them. But the University is not just around the corner, and the rooms with internet access are not open all the time. So I thought I could do it at home, I was obviously wrong.:smileyangry:

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You can only use Internet Explorer to use VAIO-Link :slight_frown:

Schokoolero
Visitor

You can only use Internet Explorer to use VAIO-Link :slight_frown:

I'll try that, but I don't really think that's it,
because it did work with Firefox on the notebook itself.

Schokoolero
Visitor

Now, that was stupid of me!:smileyblush:
I turned on javascript, but forgot to allow cookies.
That is usually the first thing I check in such situations, as I did on the notebook.
This way it works with Firefox.

However that still doesn't explain that I didn't get the registration e-mail or the password reminder e-mail from e-support.
I might have typed ma e-mail address wrong when I first registered the notebook, but I'm sure I typed it right, when I registered for e-support.
I checked the spam-filter online, as it tends to filter everything that remotely looks like spam, although I chose low settings. It especially likes filtering out any newsletter I get, until I whitelist it.

By the way, any ideas why the notebook keeps asking me to register, although I did that already?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

By the way, any ideas why the notebook keeps asking me to register, although I did that already?

This normally dissapears once the registration process has been fully completed...:smileyconfused:

Schokoolero
Visitor

OK, I finally got the activation e-mail.
It said I would get it within the next 15 minutes,
but it actually took about 8 hours.

To Thalamus: That's what I expected. I answered all those questions and received the registration number and chose a Nickname and Password. Perhaps at that time I didn't allow cookies or javascript and they couldn't change the settings on my notebook.
Well, anyway, that isn't really so important, although a bit anoying. I'll simply keep saying no. Or I'll see if I can remove it from the autostart.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Schokoolero,

Check in Start > All Programs > Startup as the registration program may stil be stored in there...:smileyconfused:

tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

There should be an entry in the Add/remove programs part of the control panel. It is called VAIO online registration. Just uninstall and the issue should be solved.

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
kee-lo_

Glad to hear you sorted it.