Join now - be part of our community!

Power plug & Battery

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rhoggan
Visitor

Power plug & Battery

Hi

I have a new vaio s the battery isn't so easy to popin and out, requiring the removal of 2 screws to remove. On my old laptop i always tok the battery out when working for long periods with the power adaptor plugged in so as not to damage the battery.

How does the vaio battery stand up to being in place while running on the power adaptor, will it damage the battery ?

Thanks

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Robert,

To minimise the use of valuable charging cycles, I would go to Control Panel -> Vaio Control Center and choose the Battery Settings.  You can enable the Vaio Battery Care function and set the maximum charge to 50% rather than the default 100%.

This will stop the charge at 50% and extend the life of your battery for prolonged periods on mains power.

Remember to disable this function when you need to operate on battery for long periods.

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Robert,

To minimise the use of valuable charging cycles, I would go to Control Panel -> Vaio Control Center and choose the Battery Settings.  You can enable the Vaio Battery Care function and set the maximum charge to 50% rather than the default 100%.

This will stop the charge at 50% and extend the life of your battery for prolonged periods on mains power.

Remember to disable this function when you need to operate on battery for long periods.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
rhoggan
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo

I will do that now

Thanks

Robert

profile.country.en_IE.title
Fitzy003
Visitor

Is that available for older models also

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Fitzy003,

This is only available on models with the Battery Care Function installed.  These are fairly recent models.  What model do you have?

For older models, I would remove the battery with about a 40% charge, and keep it in a cool, dry place until you need to use the Vaio on battery.

:thinking: