Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with VGN FZ21M screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
loreyes79
Visitor

Problem with VGN FZ21M screen

I was using may laptop then all of a sudden the screen slowly turned white and i cant do anything. I turned it off and after cooling it down i reboot my laptop and the screen is just black with some lines. I did a little research and this is a common or known issue with this sytems. I found some users got their laptop fix for free by sony. Is this true? How can I fix this issue. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.fr_CH.title
dreamydayz
Explorer

I feel your pain!

i have a similar problem but not as severe but nonetheless

renders my laptop screen useless as it now displays black as green!

First you should connect your laptop to an external monitor to see if you can reproduce the problem.

if the external monitor has the same problem then it's a video card failiure.

if the image is correct on the external monitor it is probably the LCD.

Hope someone answers you as everyone seems to be not interested in my problem

no replys...:smileysad:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi loreyes79,

As suggested, connect an external monitor and check if the same fault is displayed on it.

As you say, this is a known issue and you should go to the Support Page for your model HERE: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VGN-FZ21M&l=en_GB

Click on SUPPORT.

Type into the 'SEARCH' box the two words - Distorted Video - and you can read the statement from Sony saying they will repair a fault caused by this known issue within a 4 year warranty period from purchase.

You will need to contact Sony Vaio Support by clicking on 'Get in Touch' -> 'Out-of-warranty support' and entering your Vaio's Serial Number.  Then go to telephone support.

Good Luck

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
loreyes79
Visitor

@Blencogo: I already tried that, the problem is it says that my laptop is already out of warranty and no longer live in europe. Is there any email address i can reach support?

Message was edited by: loreyes79

Message was edited by: loreyes79

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you click on the Out-Of Warranty Tab first?  It should work.

Which country are you in and did you buy the Vaio there?

:thinking: