Join now - be part of our community!

Printer driver

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeremy6005
Visitor

Printer driver

Hi all

Have a few problems with my VGN-AR31M running Vista Home Premium. The main one at present is I can't get the printer drivers for my Epson Stylus DX6000. When the disc didn't work I went to the website and downloaded the drivers and software but they don't work. I get a message saying they are not the ones for this system. The printer is now identified on the computer but it clearly can't find the drivers anywhere and all the options don't seem to work, including a patch. Help - this is a new printer so why won't it work on Vista?

Second, when I try and click on the My Sony Vaio link or the Vaio User Guides icon, it just gets a blank screen whereas before it would get tell me it was connecting to My Sony Vaio. Any ideas?

There are some more issues, but will try and iron those out before I call for help!

Jeraldo

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jeraldo,

is THIS the Stylus DX6000 drivers and Creativity Software that you downloaded..?

Also did you install the drivers before you connected your printer as per the installation instructions, here is a copy of the instructions should you need them.

Note it states in the instructions not to connect the USB cable to your Vaio until instructed to do so... :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeremy6005
Visitor

Hi Thalamus
Thanks for your efforts so far! Yes, these were the drivers etc I downloaded. The scanner one works OK but the actual driver (6.1a) is the one causing the problem. I do still have the disc (not compatible with Vista it seems) and instructions and do wait until the installation programme tells me to attach the printer, which I do to the USB port at the front side. Windows then asks me to install the drivers (found new hardware) and at the same time the downloaded programme tells me it is checking for the port to which the printer is attached. It never seems to find it! So everything then stops and we're back to square one. If I go to control panel/printers/install it identifies the right printer on the COM1 port, does a Windows update and comes back with a list of printers that doesn't include mine. I then go through adding the drivers from the downloaded software and finally get to a window telling me I have succesfully added the printer and when I try and print a test page it gets in the cue then doesn't print ... This eventually leads me to technical support telling me there's a hotfix - KB941649-v2-x86.msu - and the Windows Update standalone installer tells me it does not apply to my system. Aaargh! Any other suggestions what I could do?
Jeraldo