Join now - be part of our community!

problem creating recovery media

profile.country.en_GB.title
klinkyboy
Visitor

problem creating recovery media

just got my brand new S-series and am going through the "create recovery media" pocess......when I reach the stage where the printed guide says...."...then click CREATE RECOVERY MEDIA", but there is nothing to click.....and so I can't create any recovery media.

I've got a Blu-ray player installed and confirmed it works fine by playing a disc.

anyone have any ideas ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi klinkyboy,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

What model S series Vaio do you have.?

Have you installed all of the updates available for your vaio using Vaio update.?

Is this the guide you are following.?

recovery media.JPG

profile.country.en_GB.title
klinkyboy
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I have just "installed" the "pre-installed" MS Office suite.  "Hey Presto", I now have an option to Create Recovery Media.

A little disappointing that this was not mentioned in the guide you just mentioned.  All it says is to install the latest VAIO updates.  I was thinking that the latest OS updates would be wise, naturally, but had no idea (at that point) that I needed to do any "installing" of the MS Office.  I thought that was already done by the factory.

A simple comment on the guide such as...."ensure any pre-installed software is activated before creating recovery media" would have reduced my frustration somewhat.

Thanks for the reply, but it seems all is sorted now.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I have just "installed" the "pre-installed" MS Office suite.  "Hey Presto", I now have an option to Create Recovery Media.

:anguished: Well that suprise's me as well..:smileyconfused:

Glad you've now been able to create your recovery disc's though..:smileyhappy: