Join now - be part of our community!

PROBLEM!! S.O.S

surf4ever
Visitor

PROBLEM!! S.O.S

i have this problem with my vaio.
i can go on the internet at my house for about an hour before the computer starts to make an alarm sound. when i turn it off and restart the computer it refuses to boot and continues the alarm. then i have to reinstall the windows software and all the programs and info i had on the computer.

i am realy worried that it is going to do it again. i am leaving for nz soon and need a computer that i can go on the internet with !
can anyone shed any light on this problem.. the shop where i bought it can't... they wanted me to pay 70 pounds to get the windows software reinstalled. i said no !! the theaves its only 2 months old !!!

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

This sounds like it's overheating. You probably need to clean the fans with an air duster.

What model Vaio do you have?

admin
Visitor

i have a fj how could it need cleaning after a days use!
it fist happen a day after i got it.
and when i am on the internet anywhere else it's fine. just at my house!! i don't know why. my other computer is fine.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi

When you say that your machine "makes an alarm sound" can you tell us whether yuo mean the beeping noise and if so can you tell us series of bleeps. For example does the machine give out a continous bleep beep bleep or are there say 3 short bleeps followed by a longer one etc?

Let us know.

surf4ever
Visitor

Well in fact it is when i boot the computer it goes to the windows xp home where there is the little green bar that means it is booting the system.. all of a sudden it makes the alarme sound i^t's not a bleep sound it is one long beep that doesn't stop !!!!! i have to turn off the computer to stop !! i have tried everly button and key!

but the thing is it is only when i am on the net at my home !! anywhere else it's fine!

surf4ever
Visitor

also it does not boot at all when the alarm is going.
and then i am obliged to reinstall the whole system!!! and i lose all the info on the computer!

kee-lo_

But have you cleared out the vents?

surf4ever
Visitor

??? i don't know what i can do !

kee-lo_

Go to your local electronics store (Maplin for example) and ask them for some compressed air.

Then spray the vents from around 20cm away some the laptop is here |-----------------------------------------------| spray there.

surf4ever
Visitor

i will try that soon ok ! thanks for the tip !!! and i will be back with results !!