Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Vaio Recovery discs..

neos11
Visitor

Problem with Vaio Recovery discs..

I recently formatted the hard drive of my new Vaio FW-41E/H, after a failed attempt to upgrade from Vista to Win 7 with Sony's Win 7 upgrade discs.
In the process, the hidden partition was lost as well.

Now I have a blank NTFS formatted c partition only, with no operation system, and whenever I try to initiate the recovery process by using my Vista recovery discs, the error message "Copying of the folder failed" appears.

Any help would be appreciated..

4 REPLIES 4
neos11
Visitor

Vaio Customer care suggested that the recovery disc might be damaged.

I am currently waiting for confirmation that they're going to send me a new set of recovery discs for free!

Tobi2be
Visitor

But not much seems to be normal with Sony's Win 7 upgrade discs. In the german forum complaints like these are piling up as well ...

neos11
Visitor

Well, the only reason that I intended to go back to Vista via the recovery discs was that the Win 7 kit provided by Sony does not allow installation of the supplement disk if the hidden partition is missing..

So it's a big mess up..

I still haven't received the confirmatory phone call by Sony's representative..

neos11
Visitor

Problem was caused by defective disks, and is now solved with the help of Vaio Support Team, many thanks!!

http://club.vaio.sony.gr/clubvaio/gr/el/forum/viewthread?thread=66982&lastpage=yes