Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with VPCF11J0E\H HDD

profile.country.en_GB.title
Filron
Visitor

Problem with VPCF11J0E\H HDD

Hi, a problem occured with my Vaio VPCF11J0E\H laptop. When i turn it on, after VAIO logo, yellow HDD indicator turns on, and glows, not even blinking, like it's doing a really a lot of work. That results in increadebly slow Win7 loading, and right now it can't even load not in safe mode.

I've had this problem when i bought my Vaio, that time i reinstalled Win7 (home premium), and problem dissapear, but now appeared again, so i would like to know, is it a problem with HDD, or some kind of drivers interrupting the flow of normal boot?

Also, sometimes same problem was occuring while using Vaio, resulting is freezes for a 5-10 sec.

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Filron,

Have you tried turning off Indexing Services?  It is worth a try but I don't think this is your problem as it would normally start indexing after Windows fully loads.

It is more likely that your Registry is looking for links that have been broken or for software and drivers that have been uninstalled.  I think as a first step, I would try a Registry Cleaner and hard disc optimiser - something like 'System Mechanic' or 'Tune-Up Utilities', both of which probably have a 30 day free trial so you can see if it helps.  Alternatively a free Junk File Remover/Registry Cleaner like 'Ccleaner' is worth a try.

After clearing junk files and cleaning/repairing the Registry, try some Hard Disc Utilities to repair any bad sectors and to defragment the drive.

:thinking: